Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bangs on a Round Face? Absolutely!


This is me. 

When I was a little girl I had long, thick hair and I loved it! Even though I needed my mother's help to keep up with it. 

As I got older, I was told more and more frequently that "big girls" shouldn't have "big hair." That long hair would make me look even larger and that bangs would make my face look wider.

So I chopped it off and kept it short for years and years, never letting it grow past my shoulders until I decided, I want my long hair back! Who cares what everyone else thinks?

I grew it out and I loved it. But I was still afraid to take the plunge into bangs territory... 







Until now!

This is me today. With bangs!



I love them! I think they make me look a little more youthful and they are so much more fun!


Long layers cut an inch or two below the chin can make your face look longer and less wide. And a wider bang like mine (inspired by Nicole Richie and Taylor Swift), can prevent the face from looking shorter. Hair pro Oscar Blandi says bangs that are longer on the sides and curve with the eyebrows, give the face angles and avoids making it look wider.



Here I am being silly. Bangs will do that to a girl!
Dress: Forever 21+, Shoes: The Avenue


Bangin' Out This Summer,
Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment